Creamy Cajun Venison Pasta Recipe
Fall hunting seasons have arrived in many parts of this country and with fall hunting comes fall eating! Instead of just doing the standard steak fry with all of your venison steaks, try something different this year, like this cajun venison pasta recipe.
Venison Pasta Recipe
Surf and turf is one of the best meals that you can get when you go out, and it’s just as easy to make it at home. This creamy pasta recipe utilizes venison steak and shrimp, but you can substitute all kinds of different meats in it. See how quick and easy it is to make below and enjoy!
- Boil Rigatoni Pasta
- Saute’ onions, peppers and mushrooms in one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with minced garlic for about 10 to 12 min over medium heat or until onions are translucent as well as mushrooms and peppers have softened. Salt and pepper veggies while cooking, Set to side when finished and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cut venison steak into bite sized pieces.
- Brown steak and shrimp in skillet with 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 5 to 6 min over medium high heat.
- Coat Shrimp and venison with 1/2 Tbs of Cajun Seasoning and continue to cook for an additional 2 min.
- Add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning over meat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 min.
- Add 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese and stir
- Add Veggies and Drained pasta, stir together and serve.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 – 10 oz of venison steak
- 30 med. shrimp (pre-cooked, deveined and tails removed)
- 1 red bell pepper – thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion – sliced
- 1 carton of baby bella or white mushrooms
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- 8 oz of Rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Tbs of Cajun Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
Check out more venison recipes on MorningMoss.